Entreq- How and why it works!
Over the past year we have introduced Entreq into many customer systems. In that time the question of how and why Entreq works has come up over and over again. I felt it may be useful to condense many hours of discussion, debate and experimentation into a number of concise bullet points.
Of course I’m always more than happy to discuss this in detail with anyone that is interested.
Entreq takes a unique and comprehensive approach to cable design. Tackling the often-overlooked factors affecting cable and therefore equipment performance.
The premise of their design philosophy is based on solving effects know to the Aerospace and other high tech industries but never before systematically applied to high-end audio cables.
1. Our HiFi equipment is being constantly bombarded by RF and EMI radiation.
2. Modern homes and their electrical supplies are plagued by switching power supplies and heavy appliances.
3. All cables act as sending and receiving antennas
4. Connectors have to be adapted according to the signal being processed. The cable, signal/mass interface is crucial to accurate signal transmission.
5. A current traveling in a wire creates a magnetic field.
6. Careful attention has to be paid to ground planes. (In space of course there is no “earth” so an artificial ground has to be created)
Entreq has uniquely designed and developed a whole system approach to tackle and address each of the above issues. By doing the following:
1. Separate cable for positive and negative signals.
2. Asymmetrical design.
3. Positive and negative cables are spun clockwise and anticlockwise respectively.
4. Adapted lengths to minimise the antenna effect.
5. DIC Dedicated contacts so the area and the mass of the contacts correspond to
6. Wood in the contact framework – Non-magnetic and non-conductive.
7. Only pure copper and silver in the signal paths. No alloys.
8. Drain wire instead of shielding in order to connect to a pure earth point (External Earth Drain System).
9. Cotton covering instead of synthetic materials.
10. EEDS External Earth Drain System.
The result is that Entreq cables and grounding solutions maintain the integrity and purity of the audio signal, resulting in:
1. Lower noise floor
2. More detail
3. Darker backgrounds
4. Increased dynamic range
5. Better soundstage
6. A more natural tonal quality
7. Loss of leading edge glare
8. More and better defined bass
Entreq solution can be applied either individually or as part of a complete system approach. The more you do the better the result.
The post Entreq- How and why it works! appeared first on Choice Hifi.